Rimes' client wins ‘Model Buyside Award’
April 18, 2022
QSuper wins prestigious Celent award for Technology Modernization.
We are delighted to share that Celent has recognised QSuper in its prestigious Model Asset Manager Awards for Technology Modernization.
QSuper initially started working with Matrix in 2020, subsequently acquired by Rimes in 2021. Our investment data management solution was core to this award, which recognizes initiatives proven to enable users to innovate and experiment with new technologies.
Celent's assessment concluded that the investment in QSuper's EDM platform was significant for the following reasons:
• It streamlined complex processes and was delivered within a highly accelerated timeframe
• Agile-friendly, cloud-enabled solutions were adopted
• There was evidence of tangible benefits from day one, including improved data quality, enhanced visualization and better responsiveness in core data operations
• Zero business disruption – no downtime or disruption to its in-house trading systems and operations
• QSuper's organisational mindset and strategy focused on continuous micro-innovations and improvements
This project was initiated following the QSuper and SunSuper merger – two of Australia's largest super funds. As a result, the Rimes solution now underpins a more sustainable, longer-term data strategy allowing QSuper to handle the combined growth of assets.
The complexity of the solution resulted from the need to ingest multiple different data sets from various vendors into a unified data model that can support all existing and future consumers of the data.
We are honored to be the desired partner to deliver this project and celebrate the success of QSuper's initial milestone of their phased system transformation program.
QSuper is now looking to migrate all current investment functions running out of its existing Investment Data Warehouse into the new Rimes data platform.