RIMES is an award-winning Managed Data Service and RegTech Solutions provider.
We’re passionate about solving the data challenges faced by our clients–300+ investment managers, hedge funds, wealth managers, private banks, custodian banks, insurance companies and pension funds in 40 countries across the globe–including 60 of the 100 largest global asset managers by TAUM and 9 of the 10 largest asset servicers in the world.
We are looking for an exceptional Junior Data Developer who shares the same commitment to excellence as we do, and who wants to work with us to solve complex challenges on behalf of our clients.
- Pioneers in the provision of cloud-based managed data services
- A multiple award-winning enterprise: we have been voted ‘Best Data Provider to the Buy-side’ by waterstechnology.com for the last 11 consecutive years
- A secure, well-established organization with 200 team members at 10 locations across the globe
- Creative, intelligent, versatile and inventive, and committed to providing an atmosphere that encourages these qualities.
The Role and Job Responsibilities
We are currently recruiting for Junior Data Developer to join our London based team and supplement our global Data team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established firm with a global presence and significant growth potential.
RIMES’ collaborative working style encourages prospective developers to take initiative to complete projects, manage multiple tasks, as well as set their own individual day-to-day priorities.
Reporting to the Senior Data Developer – Team Leader, the role involves (but is by no means limited to):
You will work on data acquisition, data processing, database development and reporting processes. Ideally, you will bring your interest in large-scale numerical data collection and financial market data processing to the team along with resourcefulness and a collaborative work ethic.
- Monitoring data processes and reporting
- Databases maintenance and optimization
- Data process development and enhancement
- Participating in client requirement analysis
To be considered for this role you will have the following qualifications and skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or related fields. Graduates from Master of Financial Engineering program are strongly preferred.
- Up to 2 years related work experience
- A detailed and fluent understanding of programming principles with coding experience; experience in Python is very strongly preferred
- Ability to analyse and solve problems
- Can work independently, results driven, and detail oriented
- Flexible and efficient at multitasking assignments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Perl, Java, C, C++ or similar programming languages
- Knowledge of SQL, XML, HTML
- MS Excel® and MS Office ®
- Knowledge of financial markets and financial data
If this sounds like the sort of job you’d like to take on, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “RTGB1801 Junior Data Developer – London” in the subject line.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the UK.
RIMES is committed to promote the values of diversity and inclusion throughout the business. Whether it’s through recruitment, retention, career progression or training and development, we are committed to improving opportunities for people regardless of their background or circumstances.
Applicants for employment must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom who does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment.