RIMES is a managed data service provider whose head office is based in NYC.
We’re passionate about solving the data challenges faced by our clients–300+ investment managers, hedge funds, wealth managers, private banks, custodian banks, insurance companies and pension funds in 40 countries across the globe–including 60 of the 100 largest global asset managers by TAUM and 9 of the 10 largest asset servicers in the world.
We are looking for an exceptional Junior Software Developer who shares the same commitment to excellence as we do, and who wants to work with us to solve complex challenges on behalf of our clients.
- Pioneers in the provision of cloud-based managed data services
- A multiple award-winning enterprise: we have been voted ‘Best Data Provider to the Buy-side’ by waterstechnology.com for the last 10 consecutive years
- A secure, well-established organization–we just celebrated our 20th anniversary—with over 200 team members at 10 locations across the globe
- Creative, intelligent, versatile and inventive, and committed to providing an atmosphere that encourages these qualities.
The Role and Job Responsibilities:
We are currently recruiting for Junior Software Developer to join our London based team and supplement our global R&D team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established firm with a global presence and significant growth potential.
As a Junior Software Developer, you will work with as part of a team in an Agile environment using industry-leading tools and technologies building business intelligence, data acquisition, data mining and custom analytics processes. You will be involved in the development of applications, Web APIs, multi-dimensional data cubes and other financial data-related solutions in a fast-paced and rapidly growing organization.
RIMES’ management style encourages its staff to use their creativity, take initiative to complete projects, and work on multiple tasks at a given time. We value intelligence, versatility, and inventiveness in our development staff, and provide an atmosphere that encourages these qualities.
Reporting to the, Software Development Manager, the role involves (but is by no means limited to) the job description.
- Desire to learn new technology and grow in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Drive, results-orientation and a positive outlook.
To be considered for this role you will have the following qualifications and skills:
- 1+ years of work experience developing software
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Experience developing object-oriented applications
- Knowledge of relational database concepts
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies
- Knowledge of XML, JSON, HTML
- Deep understanding of programming principles and an interest in software development
- Ability to analyse and solve problems
- Comfortable working independently, as well as part of a team
- Results and detail-orientation
- Ability to multitask
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Creativity – willingness to think outside of the box
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of distributed source control systems
- Understanding of Windows Server operating systems
- Experience with MS Excel® and MS Office®
- Knowledge of financial markets and financial data
- Ideally, you will have worked on a large-scale project, either in an academic context or on your own. You should also feel comfortable working on multiple projects and with setting priorities.
If this sounds like the sort of job you’d like to take on, email your CV to email@example.com and put “RTGB1706 Junior Software Developer – London” in the subject line.
RIMES is committed to promote the values of diversity and inclusion throughout the business. Whether it’s through recruitment, retention, career progression or training and development, we are committed to improving opportunities for people regardless of their background or circumstances.
Applicants for employment must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment.