RIMES is an award-winning Managed Data Service and RegTech Solutions provider.
We’re passionate about solving the data challenges faced by our clients–300+ investment managers, hedge funds, wealth managers, private banks, custodian banks, insurance companies and pension funds in 40 countries across the globe–including 60 of the 100 largest global asset managers by TAUM and 9 of the 10 largest asset servicers in the world.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who shares the same commitment to excellence as we do, and who wants to work with us to solve complex challenges on behalf of our clients.
- Pioneers in the provision of cloud-based managed data services
- A multiple award-winning enterprise: we have been voted ‘Best Data Provider to the Buy-side’ by waterstechnology.com for the last 10 consecutive years
- A secure, well-established organization with 200 team members at 10 locations across the globe
- Creative, intelligent, versatile and inventive, and committed to providing an atmosphere that encourages these qualities.
The Role and Job Responsibilities
We are currently recruiting for a VP, SME Surveillance – US to join our New York based teams and supplement our global Compliance team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established firm with a global presence and significant growth potential.
Reporting to the COO, Head of Regulatory Division, the role involves (but is by no means limited to):
- Support the development of the new Regulatory Division requirements for asset manager and investment firms including, MAR and New EU Benchmark Regulation (BMR).
- Partnering with the Product Development team on product developments related to various regulations.
- Working with the specialised sales force as a subject matter expert.
- Supporting the post sales implementation as advisor on the systems (BMR and MAR).
- Working with Product Marketing on communications related market and regulatory changes.
- Good knowledge of regulatory activities inside asset managers and CFTC
- Keeping up to date on current regulatory reporting tools, general ledgers, offered products and its related activities.
- Performing research on changes on new regulatory reporting requirements and accounting standards and its impact for the buy-side.
To be considered for this role you will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Very strong expertise in MAR and Market Surveillance including deep understanding of tuning of surveillance models like wash trade, marking the close, front running, etc.
- Having been involved of using a market surveillance tool
- Extensive regulatory experience;
- Strong regulatory & financial reporting knowledge prevalent in banking/financial institutions;
- Broad experience of regulatory understanding with contacts with FCA, ESMA or other regulators;
- Strong communications skills;
- Graduate Degree in Law, Accounting, Economics or other related field of study.
If this sounds like the sort of job you’d like to take on, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “VP, SME Surveillance – US – New York (RTUS1807)” in the subject line.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States of America.
RIMES is committed to promote the values of diversity and inclusion throughout the business. Whether it’s through recruitment, retention, career progression or training and development, we are committed to improving opportunities for people regardless of their background or circumstances.