RIMES is a managed data service provider whose head office is based in NYC. Our Cyprus office based in Nicosia consist of various teams which are integral parts of the global RIMES departments and have been growing and expanding steadily during the last 10 years. It is a human-sized group that will also give you the regular opportunity to work with our international teams.
We’re passionate about solving the data challenges faced by our clients –300+ investment managers, hedge funds, wealth managers, private banks, custodian banks, insurance companies and pension funds in 40 countries across the globe–including 60 of the 100 largest global asset managers by TAUM and 9 of the 10 largest asset servicers in the world.
We are looking for an exceptional Junior Implementation Engineer who shares the same commitment to excellence as we do, and who wants to work with us to solve complex challenges on behalf of our clients.
- Pioneers in the provision of cloud-based managed data services
- A multiple award-winning enterprise: we have been voted ‘Best Data Provider to the Buy-side’ by waterstechnology.com for the last 10 consecutive years
- A secure, well-established organization–we just celebrated our 20th anniversary—with over 200 team members at 10 locations across the globe
- Creative, intelligent, versatile and inventive, and committed to providing an atmosphere that encourages these qualities.
The Role and Job Responsibilities
We are currently recruiting for Junior Implementation Engineer to join our Cyprus based team and supplement our global Sales Engineer team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established firm with a global presence and significant growth potential.
Reporting to the Implementation Team Manager, the role involves (but is by no means limited to):
Primary responsibility will be the implementation of projects for existing and new clients ensuring efficient and timely delivery. The Implementation Engineer will develop creative solutions to meet client requirements where this is required and will provide feedback to internal departments for enhancement to data and products.
The successful candidate will be exposed to a vast array of financial databases and gain a thorough understanding of equity and fixed income benchmarks. You will work closely with the Sales Engineers and other teams within RIMES in order to ascertain that the RIMES BDS and/or RDS feeds meet the client’s specifications ensuring at the same time the quality of data delivered. This will be done by creating scalable templates which will reflect the best implementation practices. Also, you will be expected to provide feedback, make suggestions and identify areas of improvement having as target to enhance the efficiency of the implementation process. By working in the implementation projects and understanding the needs of our clients, you will develop the foundations needed and the knowledge, skills and understanding to progress within the organisation.
The Implementation team is an integral part of the Sales Engineering department composed of the Implementation team and the Sales Engineering team.
- Desire to learn new technology and grow in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
To be considered for this role you will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of equity and fixed income benchmark indices.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Ability to work within a team, as well as independently
- Desire to learn new technology and grow in an ever-changing environment
- Graduate calibre, preferably finance, mathematics or a related field
- Good knowledge of English language
- Experienced and highly proficient with MS Excel®
- Sound working knowledge of financial spreadsheets and financial databases and applications
- Numerically minded with great attention to detail
- Understanding of the Internet as used within the Financial Community
- Basic knowledge of a programming language would be desirable
If this sounds like the sort of job you’d like to take on, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “RTCY1703 Junior Implementation Engineer – Cyprus” in the subject line.
Candidates must be authorized to work in Cyprus.