RIMES is a managed data service provider based in NYC. We’re passionate about solving the data challenges faced by our clients–300+ investment managers, hedge funds, wealth managers, private banks, custodian banks, insurance companies and pension funds in 40 countries across the globe–including 60 of the 100 largest global asset managers by TAUM and 9 of the 10 largest asset servicers in the world.
We are looking for an exceptional Performance Analyst to join our Performance team in our Shanghai office, who shares the same commitment to excellence as we do, and who wants to work with us to solve complex challenges on behalf of our clients.
The Role and Job Responsibilities
As a Performance Analyst for the RIMES Global Performance team, you will use problem-solving skills and a background in mathematics to research complex issues associated with benchmark calculations across a wide array of financial asset types including fixed income, equity and commodities.
Your responsibilities will include the creation and maintenance of benchmark validation checks. You will also be tasked with the monitoring of data quality checks and, in cases of failures, you will investigate to determine the root cause and appropriate course of action. Your investigations will involve close collaboration with data suppliers as well as with various global departments within RIMES.
In addition, you will run qualification analyses on feeds from new data providers and you will serve as an escalation point for the RIMES Global Support team on calculation methodology queries.
As a Performance Analyst, you will be playing a pivotal role in upholding RIMES’ commitment to data quality.
- Pioneers in the provision of cloud-based managed data services
- A multiple award-winning enterprise: we have been voted ‘Best Data Provider to the Buy-side’ by waterstechnology.com for the last 11 consecutive years
- A secure, well-established organization–we just celebrated our 20th anniversary—with 200 team members at 10 locations across the globe
- Creative, intelligent, versatile and inventive, and committed to providing an atmosphere that encourages these qualities.
- Desire to learn new technology and grow in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Self-driven, results-orientated with a positive outlook.
- Bachelor or Master, in Finance, Science or Mathematics-related fields are preferred.
- Ability to work independently and within a virtual team distributed across the globe.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and strong interpersonal and organisational skills are essential.
- Fluent in English
- Strong mathematics background and close attention to detail.
- Knowledge of financial markets and financial data
- Programming skills
- MS Excel and MS Office
If this sounds like the sort of job you’d like to take on, email your CV to email@example.com and put “RTCN1803 Performance Analyst – Shanghai” in the subject line.
Candidates must be authorized to work in China.