The FTSE/ATHEX Index Series is a joint venture between FTSE and the Athens Stock Exchange (ATHEX), which has been in existence since 1999. The market capitalisation-weighted indices provide market participants with a transparent way to measure the performance of the securities trading on ATHEX.
Indices within the series include:
- FTSE/ATHEX Large Cap Index – comprises the top 25 companies ranked by market capitalisation.
- FTSE/ATHEX Mid Cap Index – comprises medium-sized companies ranked by market capitalisation. This index measures the growth sector of the market.
- FTSE/ATHEX Market Index – comprises the constituents of the FTSE/ATHEX Large Cap, Mid Cap and Small Cap indices, tracking their cumulative performance.
- FTSE/ATHEX International Index – comprises all Greek and non-Greek companies that trade on the ATHEX Common Trading Platform and which are eligible for the large cap segment of ATHEX.
- FTSE/ATHEX-CSE Banking Index – captures the performance of banks listed on ATHEX and Cyprus Stock Exchange (CSE).
- FTSE/ATHEX Global Traders Index Series – real-time indices that measure the performance of ATHEX-listed companies which derive a signficant proportion of their income from activities outside of Greece. There are two indices within the series: FTSE/ATHEX Global Traders Index and FTSE/ATHEX Global Traders Plus Index.
- FTSE/ATHEX Mid & Small Cap Factor Weight Index – represents the performance of the 20 stocks on the ATHEX Market with the largest composite value, growth and profitability score.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts indices and constituents, including the ASE2 and ASE4 indices.
Some of the data items available include:
- Database Domain Code
- Market Capitalization
- Market Capitalization in Euros
- Number of Constituents
- Price Index
- Price Index in Euros
- Database Symbol