S-Ray® is Arabesque’s unique tool that allows anyone to monitor the sustainability performance of around 7,000 of the world’s largest corporations. Smart and simple to use, Arabesque S-Ray looks beneath a company’s surface by assessing its extra financial performance, helping us to better understand its value to society.
Leveraging big data through the power of machine learning, Arabesque S-Ray systematically combines over 250 environmental, social and governance (ESG) metrics with news signals from over 30,000 sources published in over 170 countries. S-Ray® data is calculated and delivered on a daily basis, with historical data starting in 2003.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts the Universe of Securities Index and approximately 8715 companies.
The Data items for the Arabesque S-Ray® data source include:
- GC Score Data: a normative assessment of each company based on the core principles of the United Nations Global Compact. This provides a deeper understanding of reputational risk facing a company. An overall GC score is provided, as well as sub-scores for Human Rights, Labour Rights, Environment and Anti-Corruption.
- ESG Score Data: a sector specific analysis of each company’s performance on financially material environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues. This can be used to identify companies that are more likely to outperform over the long run. An overall ESG score is provided, as well as sub-scores for Environment, Social and Governance.
- Feature Layer: a more granular understanding of a company’s performance on well-defined sustainability topics. The Features (or ‘topics’) serve as building blocks for our top-level GC and ESG scores.
- Preferences Filter: A binary score (‘zero’ or ‘one’) indicating whether a company’s revenues exceed 5% of total revenues in certain controversial goods and services such as for example alcohol, weapons and gambling.
- Security identifiers (SEDOL, ticker) and additional information such as the company country and sector.