The Bank of Canada is the nation’s central bank in association with Canada’s monetary policy, bank notes, financial system, and funds management. A principal role, as defined in the Bank of Canada Act, is “to promote the economic and financial welfare of Canada.” The Bank was founded in 1934 as a privately owned corporation. In 1938, it became a Crown corporation belonging to the federal government. The Bank is not a government department and conducts its activities with considerable independence.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For the Bank of Canada FX Rates source, RIMES hosts approximately 180 currencies, including:
- Argentina Peso (Floating Rate), Australian Dollar, Bahamian Dollar, Brazilian Real, Cfa Franc (African Financial Community/ Pacific Financial Community), Clp Chilean Peso, Chinese Renminbi, Colombian Peso, Croatian Kuna, Czech Republic Koruna, Danish Krone, East Caribbean Dollar, European Euro, Fiji Dollar, Ghanaian Cedi (New), Guatemalan Quetzal, Honduran Lempira, Hong Kong Dollar, Hungarian Forint, Icelandic Krona, Indian Rupee, Indonesian Rupiah, Israeli New Shekel, Jamaican Dollar, Japanese Yen, Malaysian, Ringgit, Mexican Peso, Moroccan Dirham, Manmar (Burma) Kyat, Neth. Antilles Guilder, New Turkish Lira, New Zealand Dollar, Norwegian Krone, Pakistan Rupee, Panamanian Balboa, Peruvian New Sol, Philippine Peso, Polish Zloty, Romanian New Leu, Russian Rouble, Serbian Dinar, Singapore Dollar, Slovak Republic Koruna, South African Rand, South Korean Won, Sri Lanka Rupee, etc.
For the Bank of Canada Interest Rates source, RIMES hosts approximately 11 economic data items and 10 indices, including:
- Bank Rate, Bank Acceptances, Operating Bands, Overnight rate, Prime Corp Paper Rates, Target Overnight Rates, etc.
Some of the data items available include:
- Database Domain Code, Database Source, Database Symbol, Date of Portfolio, Description, Domain, Exchange Rate At Close, Exchange Rate At Noon, Series Value, Symbol, Times Series Value, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 500+ data and 1500 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.