The Bloomberg Commodity Index, formerly the DJ-UBS Commodity Index, is a broadly diversified index that tracks the commodities markets through commodity futures contracts. Since its launch in 1998, it has emerged as a leading benchmark of commodity markets. The headline index belongs to the class of first-generation benchmarks because it offers passive exposure to the most liquid, front part of the futures curve. By capping exposure to sectors, the index avoids concentration to the energy sector and concomitant risk associated with other first-generation indexes.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 750 commodities and 250 indices, including various Bloomberg Commodity indices and Bloomberg Roll Select indices.
Some of the data items available include:
- Commodity Items: Auction Rate, Commodity Index Multiplier, Contract Month, Contract Year, Daily Excess Return, Date of Portfolio, Difference in 3 Month Forward/ 3rd Wednesday Settle, Divisor Factor in Local Currency, Dow Jones Symbol Key, Exchange, Exchange ID Code, Exchange Identification Code, Investable Weight, Lead or Next Flag: L Designated to the Current Month, N Designated for the Next Future, Market Disruption Event Flag, Previous Investable Weight, Previous Settlement Price, Previous Weighted Average Value, Reuters Identification Code (RIC), Rolling Period Weight in Index, Settlement Price, Treasury Bill Daily Return, Weight in Index, Weighted Average Value in US Dollars, etc.
- Index Items: Country Code, Daily Hedged Price Index, Daily Hedged Return, Excess Return, Excess Ticker, Forward 2 Months Hedged Price Index, Forward 2 Months Hedged Total Return, Gross Index, Group Code, Hedged Price Index, Hedged Total Return, Index Range, Last Price Date, Opening Gross Index, Opening Price Index, Opening Weighted Average Value, Price Index, Return Ticker, Total Excess Return, Weighted Average Value, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 500+ data and 1500 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.