The BNY Mellon Depositary Receipt (DR) Indices are the most comprehensive set of DR indices in the marketplace, and have been since the late 1990s. BNY Mellon DR Indices are calculated on a continuous basis throughout the day and span specific strategies, regions, countries and sectors. They are structured into several families and BNY Mellon can further customize additional indices to meet specific needs. BNY Mellon applies several liquidity screens in order to provide flexibility and transparency. The indices are capitalization-weighted and adjusted for free-float.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts index and constituent data, including the following indices:
- ADR Index – BNY Mellon ADR Index is the only index that tracks all American depositary receipts (ADRs) traded on The New York Stock Exchange, NYSE Amex and NASDAQ. The index is an ideal benchmarking tool that allows investors to track the performance of their ADR investments as well as the ADR market at large.
- Classic ADR Index – Focused on US Investors, BNY Mellon Classic ADR Index is the only index that tracks all American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) either traded OTC or on a major U.S. exchange. The index is an ideal benchmarking tool that gives U.S. investors broad exposure to the international marketplace.
- GDR Index – For global depositary receipt (GDR) investors, BNY Mellon GDR Index is an ideal benchmarking tool as it is the only index that tracks all GDRs traded on The London Stock Exchange. BNY Mellon GDR Index is calculated on a continuous basis throughout the trading day – beginning with the open of the U.K. market through its close.
- DR Index – BNY Mellon DR Index is an ideal benchmarking tool for international investors around the world. It tracks all American and global depositary receipts (DRs) traded on The London Stock Exchange, the New York Stock Exchange, NYSE Amex and NASDAQ.
- Composite Depositary Receipt Index – The BNY Mellon Composite Depositary Receipt Index is the most comprehensive depositary receipt (DR) index on the market. As the only index to track all American and global DRs traded on the London Stock Exchange, the New York Stock Exchange, NYSE Amex, NASDAQ and over the counter (OTC), it is an ideal tool for benchmarking the entire traded DR universe.
Some of the data items available include – Country, ISIN/Ticker, Industry, Sector, Weight (%), Total Return, and Price Return.
About BNY Mellon
The BNY MELLON ADR INDEX, BNY MELLON CLASSIC ADR INDEX, BNY MELLON GDR INDEX, BNY MELLON DR INDEX and BNY MELLON are service marks of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation or its subsidiaries, affiliates or group companies (“BNY Mellon”). The RIMES Technologies Corporation, its products and any financial information provided thereunder is not sponsored, endorsed, sold, recommended or promoted by BNY Mellon, and BNY Mellon does not make any representation or warranty, express or implied, to you or to any member of the public regarding the advisability of investing in any security or any other financial instrument, the ability of the BNY Mellon index or indices to track market performance, or the suitability or appropriateness of the index or indices for any other purpose.
BNY MELLON INDICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND BNY MELLON DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INDICES LISTED ABOVE OR ANY DATA INCLUDED THEREIN, AND BNY MELLON SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR INTERRUPTIONS THEREIN NOR ANY RELIANCE THEREON.