Cboe Europe Equity Benchmarks are highly correlated with comparable benchmarks that investors use every day. The Indices provide accurate and reliable index data. Some key design components are detailed below.
- Transparency: Unlike some other index providers, Cboe publishes the rules and calculation methodology behind its indices.
- Based at 10,000: A base value of 10,000 from 31 December 2010 makes the performance of markets and sectors easy to compare.
- Accessing the Indices: Cboe brings greatly simplified index licensing and reduced costs which has significantly increased the distribution of Cboe’s real-time index data via broker and media websites.
- Consistency: Our pan-European approach allows for comparable benchmarks across Europe for the first time. Unlike current benchmarks, all Cboe Europe Indices will be created with the same methodology.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 990 companies and 114 indices, including country and regional Cboe Benchmarks, e.g. CH, DE, FR, UK, Eurozone, Europe, Nordic 40 etc. Some of the data items available include:
- Company Items – Adjusted Price, Adjustment Factor, Country Code, Country Description, Currency Code, Database Source and Symbol Code, Date of Portfolio, Dividend Per Share Gross, Dividend Per Share Net, Exchange Rate, Free Float Factor, Gross Adjustment Factor, Index Shares/Value, Industry Level 1 Code, Investable Market Value, Investable Weight, Market Value, Net Adjustment Factor, Net Investable Market Value in Local Currency, Net Market Value in Local Currency, Net Return, Reuters Identification Code (RIC), Shares Outstanding, Tax Rate, Total Return, Unadjusted Price, etc.
- Index Items – Last Price Date, Net Index, Net Index Divisor, Next Day Net Index, Next Day Net Index Divisor, Next Day Price Index Divisor, Nominal Price Index / Next Day Price Index, Price Index, Price Index Divisor, etc.