Banco Central do Brasil (BACEN) is the Brazilian central bank. The BACEN is responsible for monetary policy and has as its mission to safeguard the stability of the national currency’s buying power and the solvency and efficiency of the financial system. In Brazil, the central bank is the highest monetary authority and can operate fully autonomously, contrary to what is possible in most other countries. The same applies to the fact that the Banco Central do Brasil is responsible for both the national currency and the national economy. However, it is the case that the government monitors the BACEN in order to be able to check that nothing irregular is taking place.
When reference is made to the Brazilian interest rate this often refers to this BACEN SELIC rate. This SELIC rate is a benchmark interest rate, a base rate, with which the level of interest rates in the Brazilian economy can be influenced.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts Brazilian COPOM Meetings and Short-Term Interest Rates (Annual average interest rate).
Some of the data items available include:
- Database Domain Code
- Last Price Date
- Series Value
- Database Symbol
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 400+ data and 1400 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.