Shibor (Shanghai Interbank Offered Rate) is calculated, announced and named on the cm-righttechnological platform of the National Interbank Funding Center in Shanghai. It is a simple, no-guarantee, wholesale interest rate calculated by arithmetically averaging all the interbank RMB lending rates offered by the price quotation group of banks with a high credit rating. Currently, the Shibor consists of eight maturities: overnight, 1-week, 2-week, 1-month, 3-month, 6-month, 9-month and 1-year.
The price quotation group of Shibor consists of 18 commercial banks. These quoting banks are primary dealers of open market operation or market makers in the FX market, with sound information disclosure and active RMB transactions in China’s money market. Shibor Working Group of PBC decides and adjusts the panel banks, supervises and administrates the Shibor operation, and regulates the behavior of the quoting banks and the specified publisher in accordance with the Implementation Rules of Shibor.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 40 money market rates, including:
- CNY Shibor Indices
- CNY Libor Indices
Some of the data items available include Database codes (symbol, domain, source) and Series Value.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 500+ data and 1500 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.