Established in 1986, the Global Liquidity Indexes (GLI™) provides a consistent and dependable measure of financial conditions market-by-market. By collecting data series reported by Central Banks, National Treasuries and private sector institutions across some 80 economies worldwide every month, the GLI™ represent the most comprehensive survey of liquidity and credit conditions available to professional investors and advisors. They highlight the contributions from different liquidity providers by tracking data on credit spreads, credit growth and leverage, available funding, cross-border flows and Central Bank interventions.
The indices are published in a timely fashion, typically within 10 working days of each month-end and give a very early indication of business and credit conditions at that point in time. The indices are homogeneous in both content and methodology. They are based on reported data or facts, and not on forecasts or opinions. They are expressed both as normalised data in local currency terms and in US dollar value terms, and thus offer unique cross-market comparisons. The database typically starts for most economies in 1980.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 3080 indices. Index coverage includes:
- Central Bank Liquidity Index (CBCPLI) which measures the size and composition of Central Bank balance sheets
- Private Sector Liquidity Index (CBCPSI) which measures funding from savings deposits and from wholesale markets
- Cross-border Flows Index (CBCXFI) which measures capital flows (banking, and portfolio equity and bond) into the given market
- Financing Risk Index (CBCLRI) which highlights shortfalls in funding liquidity
- Forex Risk Index (CBCFRI) a measure of devaluation risk-based the quality mix of liquidity (more private sector liquidity, lower devaluation risk; and vice versa)
- Risk Appetite (CBCRA) which distinguishes ‘Risk On’ from ‘Risk Off’ investing environments by measuring aggregate holdings of bonds and stocks
Some of the data items available include:
- Database Domain Code
- Last Price Date
- Price Index
- Price Index in US Dollars
- Database Symbol, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 500+ data and 1500 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.