EDHEC-Risk Institute set up ERI Scientific Beta in December 2012 as part of its policy of transferring know-how to the industry. ERI Scientific Beta is an original initiative which aims to favour the adoption of the latest advances in “smart beta” design and implementation by the whole investment industry. Its academic origin provides the foundation for its strategy: offer, in the best economic conditions possible, the smart beta solutions that are most proven scientifically with full transparency of both the methods and the associated risks. Smart beta is an approach that deviates from the default solution for indexing or benchmarking of using market capitalisation as the sole criterion for weighting and constituent selection.
Consistent with a full control of the risks of investment in smart beta benchmarks, ERI Scientific Beta not only provides exhaustive information on the construction methods of these new benchmarks but also enables investors to conduct the most advanced analyses of the risks of the indices in the best possible economic conditions.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 160 indices (including currencies), such as:
- SciBeta: Developed, Emerging, Global, Eurozone, Japan, United Kingdom, United States, etc.
Some of the data items available include: Net Index, Price Index, Gross Index, and Number of Indices.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 400+ data and 1400 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.