In collaboration with the Swiss Stock Exchange (SIX Swiss Exchange), Ethos publishes the “Ethos Swiss Corporate Governance Index” (ESCGI), which takes into account the main corporate governance best practice criteria in order to define the weight of the different constituents. This is the first index of this type on the Swiss stock market. The index allows investors to reduce the weight of companies that entail a corporate governance risk. The index objectives aim to:
- Reduce the corporate governance risks by underweighting or excluding companies that do not apply best governance practices
- Reduce the carbon impact of the index by underweighting companies with significant carbon emissions
- Avoid over-weighting companies that are under a serious controversy
- Avoid over-weighting companies that have a weight exceeding 15 percent in SPI
- Overweight companies that do not fall into one of the above categories.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 190 companies and 1 index, the Ethos Swiss Corporate Governance Index. Some of the data items available include:
- Index Items – Average Free Float Factor, Divisor Factor in Local Currency, Gross Index, Gross Index (High,Low, Open), Last Price Date, Market Capitalization, Number of Constituents, Price Index (High,Low, Open), etc.
- Company Items – Capping Factor, Correction Factor, Country Code, Country Description, Date of Portfolio, Exchange, Exchange Rate to Swiss Francs, Free Float Factor, Gross Investable Market Value, ICB Industry Code, Investable Market Value, Investable Weight, Market Value, Next Date of Portfolio, Sedol Code, Shares Outstanding, Total Return, Total Return Investible Weight, Unadjusted Price, Valoren Code, Weight Factor, etc.