ECI refers to a range of European Convertible Indexes. Convertible bonds are a separate asset class that cannot be compared directly to either stocks or bonds. The European convertibles market requires a specific range of indexes because of its size and distinct nature. These indexes fulfill three requirements: measure the daily performance of convertible markets; show the structure of the European market and the euro zone using convertible bonds with satisfactory liquidity; determine the market’s overall behavior and enable the standard analysis of convertible bonds – conversion premium, yield, stock sensitivity, fair value, etc.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 390 bonds (active plus inactive) and 9 indices.
Index coverage includes:
- Top ECI 25 Index (made up of a fixed number of 25 convertibles)
- ECI-EURO and ECI-EURO SJ Indexes (weighed by market capitalisation to make them comparable to a portfolio’s valuation and assume coupons are reinvested)
- ECI-EUROPE Indexes (weighed by market capitalisation to make them comparable to a portfolio’s valuation and assume coupons are reinvested)
- MIDCAP EURO Index (not weighted by market cap)
- SBF-FCI Index (weighted by market cap to make the index comparable to a portfolio valuation)
- TOP-ECI 25 Fund (an open-end fund registered in France)
- ECI Euro IG
Some of the data items available include:
- Currency Code, Date, Description, Index Description, Isin, Market Value Divisor/Eur, Name Of Index, Nominal Amount, Number Of Convertible Bonds, Price, Price Index, Quote Method, Quote Method Code, Symbol, Weight, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 400+ data and 1400 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.