FTSE and ASFA (the peak body representing Australia’s superannuation industry) have com together to create the first industry-standard Australian index series with tax-adjusted benchmarks. The FTSE ASFA Australia Index Series uses varying tax rates to calculate after-tax benchmarks for all types of investors. This series is designed primarily for benchmarking purposes and can also be used as the basis for the creation of index-linked products such as Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), structured products and other derivatives.
The expansion of the FTSE ASFA Australia Index Series to CGT provides greater flexibility, enabling superannuation funds to select the after-tax benchmark that best suits their requirements, whether it’s franking credits, participation in off-market buy-backs, capital gains tax, or all of these.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
- For the FTSE ASFA Australia data source, RIMES hosts approximately 750 companies and 16 indexes.
- For the FTSE ASFA Australia Tax Adjusted data source, RIMES hosts approximately 750 companies and 32 indexes.
- For the FTSE ASFA Australia CGT Indices, RIMES hosts approximately 500 companies and 16 indices (including FTSE ASFA Australia Super CGT 100, 200, 300, All-Share, Large Cap, Mid Cap, Small Cap, etc.).
Some of the data items available include:
- FX Items: Exchange Rate to Given CCY, Exchange Rate to USD, etc.
- Index Items: Market Value (in AUD, EUR, GBP, JPY, LOC, USD); Net Index (in AUD, EUR, GBP, JPY, LOC, USD); Number Of Constituents; Price Index In AUD, EUR, GBP, JPY, LOC, USD; Xdividend Adjustment Factor, etc.
- Company Items: Adjustment Factor, Country, Date, Description, Dividend Adjustment Factor Net, Dividend Net Of High Tax/Mid Tax, Dividend Net Of Superannuation, Dividend Net Of Tax Exempt, Dividend Payment, Dividend Yield, Domain, Exchange Of Trade, Icb Level 1-4 Code/Description; Index Membership; Investable Market Value In Aud, Loc; Investment Factor; Iso Country Code; Iso Currency Code; Last Pricing Date, Market Value In Aud, Loc; Net Return High Tax, Mid Tax, Superannuation, Tax Exempt, Portfolio Reference Id, RIMES Calculated High Tax Rate, Mid Tax Rate, Superannuation Tax Rate; Sedol, Shares, Shares Invested, Shares Outstanding, Unadjusted Price, Weight To Be Used With High Tax, Mid Tax, Net Return, Price Return, Superannuation, Tax Exempt, Weight Using Full Market Value, etc.