The FTSE China Index Series provides investors with a comprehensive and complementary set of indices representing various share classes (including A Shares, B Shares, H Shares, Red Chips, P Chips and Hong Kong stocks), company sizes, sectors and themes. The breadth of coverage enables the market to be dissected for analysis and benchmarking purposes and to suit any domestic or international mandate.
The indices are designed for use as performance benchmarks and are suitable for the creation of structured products, index-tracking funds, exchange-traded funds and derivatives.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
RIMES hosts the following data sources in relation to FTSE China:
- FTSE China 50 Index Series (12 indices, approximately 90 companies and 85 currencies).
- FTSE China A indexes (approximately 385 indices, 9800 companies).
- FTSE China indexes (approximately 90 indices, 2200 companies, and 75 currencies).
Share classes include
- H Shares: Securities of companies incorporated in the People’s Republic of China (PRC) and listed on SEHK. They can only be traded by Chinese investors under the Qualified Domestic Institutional Investors Scheme (QDII). There are no restrictions for international investors.
- Red Chips: Companies incorporated outside the PRC and traded on SEHK. A Red Chip company has at least 30 percent of its shares in aggregate held directly or indirectly by mainland state entities, and at least 50 percent of its revenue or assets derived from mainland China.
- P Chips: Companies incorporated outside the PRC that trade on SEHK. A P Chip is a company that is controlled by Mainland China individuals, with the establishment and origin of the company in Mainland China and at least 50 percent of its revenue or assets derived from mainland China.
Some of the data items available for these sources include:
- Adjusted Price, Adjustment Factor, Annual Dividend, Company Size, Country Code, Country Name, Country of Security, Currency Code, Cusip, Dividend Per Share, Dividend Yield, Ex Dividend Adjustment Factor, Exchange Code, Gross Index, Index Map, Index Market Value, Indicated Annual Dividend, Industry Code (Icb), Investable Factor, Investable Market Value, Investable Weight, Investment Value, Isin, Local Identifier, Local Security Code, Market Identification Code, Market Value, Market Weight, Net Adjustment Value, Number of Components/Constituents/Shares, Price Index, Sector Code (Icb), Sedol, Shares Outstanding, Source Country Code, Stock Exchange Code, Subsector Code (Icb), Supersector Code (Icb), Ticker, Total Return, Unadjusted Price, Weight In Index, Yield (Percent), etc.