The FTSE Global Equity Index Series (GEIS) is a flagship series from one of the global leaders in equity indices, extending across 48 developed and emerging markets. FTSE GEIS follows an objective, rules driven and transparent methodology that offers market participants a clear view of the processes and changes that drive the evolution of the indices, providing market participants with an in-depth solution to enhance their process with respect to managing global equity exposure.
The comprehensive suite of products provided by FTSE allows investors to manage their equity allocation in multiple ways ranging from benchmarking active tilts and investment strategies based on countries, regions, sectors and stocks to pure passive index exposure. In recent years, as markets have evolved, FTSE has also built an extensive additional range of indices, based on GEIS, that provide market participants with different exposures in terms of style, factor returns, SRI and alternatively weighted strategies.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 20000 companies and 33000 indexes.
Index families include:
- FTSE All-World Indexes
- FTSE Frontier Indexes
- FTSE Global All Cap Indexes
- FTSE Global Micro Cap Indexes
- FTSE Global Small Cap Indexes
- FTSE Global Small/Micro Cap Indexes
- FTSE Global Style Indexes
- FTSE Global Stability Indexes
- FTSE Global Total Cap Indexes
- FTSE Multinationals Indexes
Item coverage includes:
- Index Items – Daily Net Return, Daily Price Return, Daily Total Return, Dividend Adjustment Factor, Divisor Factor , Gross Index, Hedged Gross Index , Hedged Price Index , Hedged Yield, Index Flag, Market Capitalization, Month to Date Net Index Return, Month to Date Total Return, Net (RIC) Dividend Adjustment Factor, Net Dividend Adjustment Factor, Net Index, Nominal Yield, Number of Constituents, Price Index, Year to Data Net Return, Year to Date Ex Dividend Adjustment, Year to Date Ex Net Dividend Adjustment, Year to Date Price, Year to Date Total Return, etc.
- Company Items – Adjusted Dividend in Local Currency, Adjusted Price, Adjustment Factor, Alpha, Average Dividend, Beta, Bloomberg Ticker, Cap Range Flag, Capping Factor, Corporate Action , Country Code, Daily Price/Total Return, Date of Portfolio, Dividend data, Exchange Identification Code, Float Market Value, Free Float Factor, Gross Adjustment Factor, Gross Dividend Inclusive Market Value in Local Currency, Gross Investible Market Value in Euros, Gross Market Value in Local Currency, Growth Weight Factor, Industry Level Code, Investable Factor, Investable Market Value, Investable Shares Outstanding, Investable Weight, ISIN Code, Last Modified Date, Last Price Date, Market Identifier Code, Market Value, Monthly Price Return, Multinational / Local Code, Net Adjustment Factor, Net Investible Market Value in Euros, Net Investible Weight, Net Return, Net Return Special Tax (UKPN), Original Currency, Pay Date, Period, Previous Adjustment Factor, Sedol Code, Shares Outstanding, Source Gross Dividend Inclusive Value, Source Growth Market Value, Source Investible Value, Source Market Value, Source Value Market, Systematic Risk, Total Return, Total Risk, Total Volume Traded, Tracker Change Code, Tradeable Instrument Display Mnemonic, Unadjusted Price, Value Market Value in US Dollars, Value Weight Factor, Year to Date Price/Total Return, etc.