FTSE Russell’s flagship equity indexes are used to inform asset allocation decisions, support portfolio construction, and conduct risk and performance analysis. Local Equity types include Market Cap-weighted, Equal-weighted, Volatility, Smart Sustainability, Factor Exposure, Risk-based, etc. Regions include Global, EMEA, Americas, and Asia-Pacific.
FTSE Local Equity coverage includes the following indices:
- FTSE AIM Italia Indexes – AIM Italia is distinguished by its balanced regulatory approach, underpinned by the Nominated Adviser system, the international visibility generated through its close links with AIM, as well as its straightforward admissions process tailored around the needs of Italian small and mid-cap companies. AIM Italia, completes the offering for SMEs in the Italian financial markets.
- FTSE Bursa Malaysia Indexes – These indices are designed to measure the performance of the major capital segments of the Malaysian market, dividing it into large, mid, small cap, fledgling and Shariah-compliant series. Distinct segments include: FTSE Bursa Malaysia Index Series, FTSE Bursa Malaysia EMAS Shariah Indexes, FTSE Bursa Malaysia Hijrah Indices, and FTSE Bursa Malaysia Hijrah Shariah Index.
- FTSE China Indexes – This Series provides performance benchmarks representing various share classes (including A Shares, B Shares, H Shares, Red Chips, P Chips and Hong Kong stocks), company sizes, sectors and themes. For XNAB FX Rates, the FTSE Total China Connect Index is designed to represent the performance of large and midcap Chinese companies listed in or outside the People’s Republic of China (PRC). The A Share constituents are determined by the shares available to international investors through the Northbound China Stock Connect Scheme.
- FTSE DIFX Indexes – FTSE Group and the Dubai International Financial Exchange (DIFX) worked together to create the first set of Shariah and non-Shariah tradable indexes for the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region. The FTSE DIFX Index Series represents the performance of the largest and most liquid Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) companies, initially in Kuwait, Qatar and UAE; while the FTSE DIFX Shariah Index Series represents the performance of the largest and most liquid Shariah-compliant companies in the Gulf Corporation Council (GCC) countries, initially Kuwait and Qatar.
- FTSE Hong Kong Indexes – These indexes represents a range of country and regional benchmarks hedged into HKD for the local investment community. The FTSE MPF Hong Kong Index includes “H” shares for a more comprehensive representation of the Hong Kong equity market.
- FTSE Italia All Share Indexes – These indices are designed to represent the performance of Italian companies listed on MTA and MIV markets of Borsa Italiana, providing market participants with a comprehensive and complementary set of indexes which measure the performance of the major capital and industry segments of the Italian market.
- FTSE MIB Indexes, FTSE Italia PIR Indexes – Comprises constituents of the FTSE MIB Index excluding foreign shares and FTSE Italia PIR PMI Plus Index. The PIR index is designed to reflect the requirements of Italy’s law on tax-advantaged personal savings plan (Piani Individuali di Risparmio -PIR). The aggregate weight of constituents from the FTSE MIB Index is capped at sixty percent.
- FTSE techMARK Indexes – This Series is based on the technology stocks listed on the London Stock Exchange’s (LSE) techMARK market, as classified according to the ICB (Industrial Classification Benchmark). The indices provide market participants with tools to measure the performance of companies involved in the innovative technologies that are shaping the future.
- FTSE Thailand SET Indexes – FTSE Group and the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) jointly created the FTSE SET Index Series. The index series covers all segments of the capital market, divided into Large, Mid, Small and Fledgling according to market capitalisation. There is also a range of sector indexes.
- FTSE UK Indexes – The FTSE UK Index Series is designed to represent the performance of UK companies, providing market participants with a comprehensive and complementary set of indexes that measure the performance of all capital and industry segments of the UK equity market.
- FTSE Vietnam Indexes – These indices represents the performance of Vietnamese companies trading on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange. This index covers a subset of the FTSE Vietnam All-Share Index, which comprises companies that have sufficient foreign ownership availability and meet specified liquidity requirements.
- FTSE/ATHEX Indexes – A joint venture between FTSE Russell and the Athens Stock Exchange (ATHEX), which has been in existence since 1999. The market capitalisation-weighted indexes provide market participants with a transparent way to measure the performance of the securities trading on ATHEX.
- FTSE/JSE Africa Indexes – This series is designed to represent the performance of South African companies, providing market participants with indices that measure the performance of the major capital and industry segments of the South African market. The series allows market participants to track by market capitalisation, sector and alternative weighting methodologies such as Equal Weighting. A range of shareholder weighted and capped indices are also available.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For the FTSE Local Equity sources, RIMES hosts retrievable data items such as:
- Adjusted Price, Adjustment Factor, Closing Market Capitalization, Comments Code, Country Code, Country Description, Currency Code, Dividend Adjustment Factor, Dividend Per Share, Ex Dividend Adjustment,
- Exchange Identification Code, FTSE MIB Capping Factor, Gross Index, Gross Investable Market Value, Index Map, Industry Code, Industry Description, Industry Level Code, Investable Factor, Investable Market Value, Investable Shares Outstanding, Investable Value, Investable Weight, ISIN Code,
- Last Modified Date, Market Capitalization, Market Identifier Code, Market Value, Market Weight, Net Adjustment Factor, Number of Constituents, Previous Closing Day Date, Price Index, Raw Adjustment Factor (Source), Reference Date, Sector Code,
- Sedol, Shares Outstanding, Source Country Code, Source Investible Value in Euros, Source Market Value in Euros, Subsector Code (Icb), Supersector Code (Icb), Total Return, Total Return Investible Weight, Unadjusted Price, Weight in Index, Yield, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 500+ data and 1500 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.