In 2001 FTSE launched the Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) benchmarks, a tailored solution to meet the complex needs of the Hong Kong investment community. The FTSE All-World Index Series was selected by Watson Wyatt and the Hong Kong Investment Funds Association (HKIFA) as the base universe for a range of country and regional equity indices currency hedged back into Hong Kong dollars.
In 2004 the Hong Kong Investment Fund Association (HKIFA), Watson Wyatt and FTSE Group conducted a consultation to review the Hong Kong Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) benchmarks for Equity and Lifestyle funds. The aim of the consultation was to ensure the indices provide the most precise benchmarks for the market by accurately accounting for investment restrictions and Hong Kong tax rates. The product enhancements were implemented on the 1st January 2005.
2007 marked the second review of the FTSE MPF Hong Kong Index Series, a process which occurs every 3 years. The consultation is conducted in collaboration with HKIFA and Watson Wyatt. Participation in the consultation allows the industry to shape the MPF benchmarks to ensure they reflect current investment opportunities and restrictions.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 42 indexes and 5300 companies. Index coverage includes: FTSE MPF series, as well as the FTSE All-World and FTSE4Good Japan Index.
Some of the data items available include:
- Index Items: Description, Domain, Symbol, Gross Index, Hk Dollar Index, Hk Dollar Tri, Numbers Of Constituents, Price Index, etc.
- Company Items: Country Code, Currency Code, Cusip, Exchange Code, Index Map, Industry Level Code, Investable Factor, Investable Market Value, Investable Weight, Market Value, Market Weight, Sedol, Shares Outstanding, Source Country Code, Unadjusted Price, Yield, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 400+ data and 1400 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.