The FTSE techMARK Index Series is based on the technology stocks listed on the London Stock Exchange’s (LSE) techMARK market, as classified according to the ICB (Industrial Classification Benchmark). The indices provide market participants with tools to measure the performance of companies involved in the innovative technologies that are shaping the future. The indices include:
- FTSE techMARK All-Share Index – comprises all companies included within the LSE’s techMARK market.
- FTSE techMARK Focus Index – comprises companies within the FTSE techMARK All-Share Index, which are under £4 billion by full market capitalization (before the application of any investability weightings or capping restrictions).
- FTSE techMARK Mediscience Index – a real-time index comprising mid and small-cap companies within the LSE’s techMARK Mediscience market. Constituents are from the Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Medical Equipment, and Supplies sectors, as classified by ICB.
The indices are suitable for benchmarking and can be used as tools in the creation of index-tracking products, exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and derivatives.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts 3 indices and approximately 280 companies.
- Index coverage includes FTSE techMARK 100, FTSE All-share, and FTSE Mediscience.
- Item coverage includes: Index Divisor, Adjustment Adjustment Factor, Special dividends (Tax Adjustments), Shares in issue, Market Capitalization, Adjusted Shares, Volatility, Volume, etc.