The FTSE TWSE Taiwan Index Series is a joint venture between the Taiwan Stock Exchange Corporation (TWSE) and FTSE Group (FTSE) to provide market participants with a range of tools to gain exposure to the Taiwanese market. The series comprises a range of real-time indexes, which are designed as tools for use in the trading of derivatives, index-tracking funds and exchange traded funds and as performance benchmarks. The family includes:
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan 50 Index – comprising 50 of the most highly capitalised blue-chip stocks and representing nearly 70% of the Taiwanese market. A 30% Capped version of the index is also available.
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan Mid-Cap 100 Index – the next 100 constituents ranked by market capitalisation after the FTSE TWSE Taiwan 50 Index. The index predominantly measures growth sectors and represents nearly 20% of the market.
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan Technology Index – comprises all information technology (IT) stocks from the FTSE TWSE Taiwan 50 and FTSE TWSE Taiwan Mid-Cap 100 indices. The IT sector is the largest and represents nearly 30% of the market.
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan Dividend+ Index – comprises the 30 higher yielding stocks within the FTSE TWSE Taiwan 50 and FTSE Taiwan Mid-Cap 100 indices.
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan Eight Industries Index – represents the performance of eight key industry sectors in the Taiwan stock market.
- FTSE TWSE RAFI Taiwan Index Series – the series selects and weights index constituents using four fundamental factors, rather than market capitalisation.
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan Shariah Index – comprises Shariah-compliant large and mid-cap stocks listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange. Independent screening is carried out by Yasaar Ltd, an organisation with a global network of expert Shariah scholars.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 50 companies and 5 indices, including:
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan 50 30% Capped Index
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan 50 Index
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan Eight Industries Index
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan Mid-Cap 100 Index
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan Technology Index
Some of the data items available include: Number of constituents, Net MCap (TWDm), Dividend Yield, Net MCap TWDm, Weight of Largest Constituent, % Index MCap, Return/Risk Ratio, Return%, and Volatility%.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 500+ data and 1500 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.