The Global Industry Classification Standard (GICS®) was developed by MSCI, a premier independent provider of global indices and benchmark-related products and services, and Standard & Poor’s (S&P), an independent international financial data and investment services company and a leading provider of global equity indices. The GICS structure consists of 10 sectors, 24 industry groups, 68 industries and 154 sub-industries into which S&P has categorized all major public companies. The system is similar to ICB (Industry Classification Benchmark), a classification structure maintained by Dow Jones Indexes and FTSE Group. GICS is used as a basis for S&P and MSCI financial market indexes in which each company is assigned to a sub-industry, and to a corresponding industry, industry group and sector, according to the definition of its principal business activity. GICS Direct is a database of more than 42000 issuers (and over 48000 securities) classified in accordance with the GICS methodology.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES provides data for approximately 71350 companies.
Some of the data items available include:
- Company Description, Company Key (GV), Company Status, Country Code of Incorporation, Country Code of Registration, Cross Reference Code, Cusip Code, Database Source, Database Symbol, Description, Exchange Code, Group Code (GICS), Group Description (GICS), Industry Code (GICS), Industry Description (GICS), Isin Code, Portfolio Date, Sector Code (GICS), Sector Description (GICS), Security Description, Security Id, Security Status, Security Type Code, Security Type Description, Sedol Code, Sub Industry Code (GICS), Sub Industry Description (GICS), Ticker, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 500+ data and 1500 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.