The Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) is the government authority responsible for maintaining monetary and banking stability in Hong Kong. It was established in April 1993 by merging the Office of the Exchange Fund and the Office of the Commissioner of Banking.
The HKMA works closely with the Mainland authorities and the financial industry in Hong Kong to promote the development of Hong Kong as the offshore renminbi business centre. With the expansion of offshore renminbi business since 2004, Hong Kong has developed a reliable and highly efficient renminbi financial platform providing one-stop services, including banking and settlement, financing and wealth management, to corporates and financial institutions. Hong Kong now hosts the largest offshore renminbi liquidity pool, and is a global hub for renminbi trade
settlement and bond issuance. Renminbi money markets and forex markets include: Spot FX, Deliverable forwards and futures, FX options, FX swaps, Non-deliverable forward, etc.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts 9 reference rates, including the HK RMB Deposit Rate (12 Month, 1 Month, 1 Week, 3 Month, 6 Month).
Some of the data items available include:
- Date of Portfolio
- Database Domain Code
- Series Value
- Database Source
- Database Symbol
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 400+ data and 1400 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.