Industry Classification Benchmark (ICB) is a globally utilized standard for the categorization and comparison of companies by industry and sector. It is the official sector classification used across FTSE Russell indexes for analysis, attribution and performance measurement.
ICB is supported by an independent external advisory committee that comprises of top industry sector market practitioners. It leverages the FTSE Russell Governance process, capturing collective perspectives and insights from industry experts around the world. Companies are allocated to subsectors based on a transparent research process to determine the nature of its business, which includes assessment of revenue source data and other publicly available information.
>FTSE-branded indexes are reviewed semi-annually. Transition to a new ICB structure will be implemented at the September 2020 review. The current ICB structure will remain in place for the FTSE Russell Indexes until semi-annual review in September 2020.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 143500 companies.
Some of the data items available include:
- Adjustment Flag, Country Code/Description, Country of Registration, Cusip Code, Date of Portfolio, Industry Code, Industry Description, Industry Level 1-4 Code/Description, ISIN Code, Issuer Class Level 1-4, Issuer Code, Market Identifier Code, Reference Date, Sector Code/Sector Description, Sedol Code, Subsector Code/Description, Super Sector Code/Description, Ticker, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 500+ data and 1500 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.