The Special Drawing Right (SDR) is an international reserve asset, created by the IMF in 1969 to supplement the existing official reserves of member countries. The SDR is neither a currency nor a claim on the IMF. Rather, it is a potential claim on the freely usable currencies of IMF members. Holders of SDRs can obtain these currencies in exchange for their SDRs in two ways: first, through the arrangement of voluntary exchanges between members; and second, by the IMF designating members with strong external positions to purchase SDRs from members with weak external positions. In addition to its role as a supplementary reserve asset, the SDR serves as the unit of account of the IMF and some other international organizations. In addition to its role as a supplementary reserve asset, the SDR serves as the unit of account of the IMF and some other international organizations. The value of the SDR is based on a basket of key international currencies—the euro, Japanese yen, pound sterling, and U.S. dollar.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts the IMF SDR (Kazakhstani Tenge) Index and approximately 60 economic data securities.
Some of the data items available include:
- Currency Amount Under Rule O 1
- Currency Rate per SDR
- Database Domain Code
- Database Source
- Database Symbol
- Exchange Rate
- Exchange rate against SDR
- Interest Rate Return or Income Return Index
- Last Price Date
- Percent Change in FX
- SDR Amount per Currency
- SDR Floor
- SDR Interest Rate
- SDR Product (Currency Amount) x (Exchange Rate) x (Interest Rate)
- SDR Total
- US Dollar Equivalent, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 500+ data and 1500 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.