BIST Stock Indices have been created to measure the joint performances of group of stocks traded on Borsa İstanbul. Market value is calculated by multiplying total number of stocks (including the temporary shares which are created in the Central Registry Agency (CRA) during the capital increases under the paid-in capital system until the capital is registered and announced) that represent the capital by the stock price.
Free Float Ratio has been defined by the Capital Markets Board (CMB) as a concept showing free float rate of the stocks traded on Borsa İstanbul equity markets, and is calculated and announced by CRA. Free Float Market Value is calculated by multiplying the total market value by the Free Float Ratio.
BIST Stock Indices are calculated both in terms of Price and Return. The only difference between the Price Index and Return Index is related to the cash dividend payments. In cash dividend payments, the divisor of the Return Index is adjusted assuming that the dividend paid is invested in the stocks included in the index in proportion to the weight of the stocks, whilst the divisor of the Price index is not adjusted assuming that the dividend paid is excluded from the portfolio.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 60 indices and 430 companies. Index coverage includes BIST 30 AOF, BIST 50 and BIST 100 WAP.
Some of the data items available include:
- Divisor Factor In Loc
- Domain, Market Capitalization
- Market Total Return
- Number Of Shares Outstanding
- Price Index, Series, Symbol, Ticker, Unadjusted Price, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 500+ data and 1500 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.