The Johannesburg Stock Exchange’s Interest Rate Market provides investors with the opportunity to trade products in both the cash and the derivative markets. JIBAR is the money market rate used by South Africa. The rate comes in one-month, three-month, six-month and 12-month discount terms. The rate is determined as an average of the rates indicated by local and international banks. JIBAR is calculated as a yield and then converted into a discount.
Key Features and Coverage at RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts 5 indices and 9 reference rates.
- Index coverage includes: Monthly rates, CPI, Short-term FIR, etc.
- Reference Rates coverage includes: ZAR Interest Rate On Margin, ZAR JIBAR Monthly Rates, Overnight Rates, SARB Call Rate, etc.
Some of the data items available include:
- Database Domain Code
- Series Value
- Database Source
- Database Symbol
- Total Return
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 500+ data and 1500 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.