The Morningstar® Commodity Indexes family offers passive alternatives to active commodity strategies. Built on the underlying economics of the global commodity futures markets, our indexes employ strategic combinations of long futures, short futures, and cash. We allocate to long or short positions in commodity futures based on each commodity future’s price momentum. This momentum-based long/short approach is better than the long-only exposure of other indexes because it captures the full excess return from a futures strategy.
Part of the Morningstar® Alternative Investment Index family, this family includes broad commodity, commodity sector, managed futures, and individual commodity indexes.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 35 indices and 50 commodities. Index coverage includes:
- Morningstar Agriculture
- Metals, etc.
Some of the data items available include:
- Cash Roll Index
- Cash Yield
- Collateral Adjustment Factor
- Commodity Index Level
- Contract Quotation
- Contract Size
- Currency Code
- Current Contract
- Daily Excess Return
- Excess Return
- Exchange Identification Code
- Index Contract
- Investible Weight
- Last Roll Index Level
- Next Contract
- Next Settlement Price
- Previous Commodity Index Level
- Previous Settlement Price
- Previous Value from Last Roll
- Previous Weight
- Settlement Price
- Signal Character
- Total Return
- Value from Last Roll, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 400+ data and 1400 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.