The Morningstar® Global Equity Index family captures the performance of world markets through portfolios of highly investable, liquid stocks. Each index can be used as a discrete building block for creating products or for constructing diverse portfolios with asset allocations across geographic regions. The index family covers 97 percent of the market cap in each developed and emerging market. Morningstar uses a structured review process to build each index, screening for countries with a high level of transparency, market regulation, and operational efficiency, as well as the absence of broad-based investment restrictions.
Equity Index Families include:
- Open Indexes
- Non-OIP equity
- Strategic beta
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 12300 companies and 6 indexes. Index coverage includes:
- Morningstar Emerging Markets Factor Tilt Index
- Morningstar Emerging Markets Index
- Morningstar Developed Ex-US Markets Factor Tilt Index
- Morningstar Developed Ex-US Markets Index
Some of the data items available include:
- Adjusted base date market capitalization of index, Adjustment factor for the base date market capitalization, Closing price of stock at the base date, Constructed shares, Divisor Adjustments, End-of-day index values, Gross return, Market capitalization, Net return, Number of stocks in an index, Price return index values, Total return, etc.