The Morningstar® Global Equity Index family captures the performance of world markets through portfolios of highly investable, liquid stocks. Each index can be used as a discrete building block for creating products or for constructing diverse portfolios with asset allocations across geographic regions. The index family covers 97% of the market cap in each developed and emerging market. Morningstar uses a structured review process to build each index, screening for countries with a high level of transparency, market regulation, and operational efficiency, as well as the absence of broad-based investment restrictions.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 11960 companies and 6 indices. Index coverage includes:
- Morningstar Emerging Markets Factor Tilt Index
- Morningstar Emerging Markets Index
- Morningstar Developed Ex-US Markets Factor Tilt Index
- Morningstar Developed Ex-US Markets Index
Some of the data items available include:
- Adjusted base date market capitalization of index, Adjustment factor for the base date market capitalization, Closing price of stock at the base date, Constructed shares, Divisor Adjustments, End-of-day index values, Gross return, Market capitalization, Net return, Number of stocks in an index, Price return index values, Total return, etc.