MSCI a leading provider of research-based indexes and analytics, produces indexes for both privately-held real estate portfolios, as well as publicly-listed organisations. They hold the privately-held real estate information of hundreds of institutional investors’ real estate portfolios. The information provides a long performance history (25+ years for many markets) and which are mostly appraised quarterly.
MSCI will be implementing changes to MSCI’s IPD Indexes and market information products, in accordance with changes to the Global Methodology Standards for Real Estate Investments effective from July 12, 2016. The changes to be implemented are the result of over two years of analysis and client consultation by MSCI.
The methodological enhancements impacting the results of MSCI’s IPD Indexes and market information products include:
- Introduction of a new global interpolation method
- Implementation of a global dominance rule
- Amended currency conversion
- New index reweighting
- Standardization of global yields
- New “same store” index type
- Revised assumptions on property management fees
- New global market size reweighting
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES currently hosts 128 indices, including various property funds.
Some of the data items available include:
- Capital Value, Capital Growth, Interest Rate Return or Income Return Index, Number of Properties and Total Return.