The index of Muscat Securities Market has been established in 1992. A number of companies included in the index sample has changed overtime to reach currently 30 companies, the most liquid in the market. It was launched on full market capitalization weightage methodology. Since July 1, 2009 MSM30 is being calculated on a free-float market capitalization methodology. A 10% capping (CAP) is set to ensure wider representation of smaller companies in the index.
Muscat Securities Market has other three sectorial indices; Financial Sector Index, Industry Sector Index and Services Sector Index. Those indices consist of the top 15 companies. All of them use value-weighting methodology which is applied to MSM 30 index. In 2013 MSM Shariah Index has been launched consisting of 15 Shariah complaint companies. Its worthy mentioning that the base value of MSM30 index has been changed from 100 to 1000 points since 1st of June 2004.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 90 companies and 5 indices, including:
- Financial Index
- Industrial Index
- MSM30 Index
- Shariah Index
- Services Index
Some of the data items available include:
- Close Previous, Close Trades, Volume Turnover %, Market Cap Adjusted, Market Cap Company Weight, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 500+ data and 1500 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.