The Nigerian Stock Exchange is home to many of the country’s and some foreign most well-established and high-quality companies that meet the Exchange’s higher listing standards with respect to profitability and company size. The Exchange indices closely reflect today’s market activity. The Nigerian Stock Exchange’s objectives for developing proprietary indices are to showcase the strength of companies listed on the Exchange and to provide investors and issuers with benchmarks that measure the country’s market place as well as its key segments. The NSE Indices are based on Market Capitalization methodology such that each stock represented in the index contributes to the index proportionally to its market capitalization. The NSE 30 tracks the top 30 companies in terms of market capitalization and liquidity. It is a price index and is weighted by adjusted market capitalization—the number of a company’s listed shares, multiplied by the closing price of that company, multiplied by a capping factor. Only fully paid-up common shares are included in the index.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 200 companies and 19 indices. Index coverage includes:
- Monetary Policy Rate, NSE 30, NSE All SHares, NSE Consumer Goods Index, NSE Insurance Index, NSE Oil/Gas Index, NSE Lotus Islamic Index, NSE 50, NSE Industrial Index, NSE ASeM Index, etc.
Available items for this source include:
- price index data, constituent level data, weights, shares, market caps, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 500+ data and 1500 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.