The Nikkei Asia300 Index is based on the group of around 300 must-watch companies selected by Nikkei as “Asia300” from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, India, and 6 countries from South East Asia and is calculated as a free-float adjusted market value index. The aim of the index is to capture the dynamism of the region at the forefront of global economic growth.
The Nikkei Asia300 Index covers stocks of the “Asia300”, listed in the following 11 countries and regions, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, and India. The Nikkei Asia300 ASEAN Index covers companies of countries in Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). The 11 country and regional indices are calculated on USD and each local currency basis.
The indices are calculated based on free-float adjusted market value method, which is calculated by dividing sum of the free-float adjusted market values of the index constituents by Divisor. The Divisors will be adjusted for the various actions in the index (e.g. constituents change, changes in market values not related to market movements) to keep the index level between pre and after the event unchanged. The indices are calculated by S&P Dow Jones Indices under the commission by Nikkei. The calculation started December 1, 2016. The index value on December 1, 2015 was 1000 points.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 300 companies and 2 indices, including the Nikkei Asia300 Investable Index.
Some of the data items available include:
- COMPANY ITEMS – Adjusted Price, Adjustment Factor, Bloomberg Ticker, Country Code, Country Description, Currency Code, Daily Price Return in Japanese Yen, Daily Price Return in US Dollars, Daily Total Return in US Dollars, Date of Portfolio, Dividend Per Share Gross, Dividend Per Share Net, Dow Jones Industry Code, Dow Jones Sector Level Classification Code, Exchange Country, Exchange Rate, Free Float Factor, GICS Industry Code, GICS Industry Group Code, GICS Industry Level Code, GICS Sector Code, GICS Sub-Industry Classification Code, Gross Adjustment Factor, Gross Investable Market Value, Industry Level Code, Investable Factor, Investable Market Value, Investable Shares Outstanding, Investable Weight, ISIN Code, Market Identifier Code, Market Value, Net Adjustment Factor, Net Investible Weight, Net Return, Next Date of Portfolio, Nominal Market Value, Opening Unadjusted Price, Reuters Identification Code (RIC), S&P Company Global Vantage Key, Shares Outstanding, Spin Off Adjustment Factor, Sub-Industry Classification Code, Total Market Value, Total Return, Unadjusted Price, etc.
- INDEX ITEMS – Branding, Dividend Points in Japanese Yen, Dividend Points in US Dollars, Divisor Factor in Japanese Yen, Divisor Factor in US Dollars, Gross Index in Japanese Yen, Gross Index in US Dollars, Index Family, Index Type, Market Capitalization in Japanese Yen, Market Capitalization in US Dollars, Net Dividend Points in Japanese Yen, Net Dividend Points in US Dollars, Net Index in Japanese Yen, Net Index in US Dollars, Next Day Divisor in Japanese Yen, Next Day Divisor in US Dollars, Next Day Market Capitalization in Japanese Yen, Next Day Market Capitalization in US Dollars, Next Day Number of Constituents, Number of Constituents, Price Index in Japanese Yen, Price Index in US Dollars, Weight Type, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 500+ data and 1500 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.