SIX (Scandinavian Information Exchange) is a leading provider of financial information in the Nordic region. The indexes calculated by SIX are comprised of the following:
- Portfolio indexes: available on both the Nordic and local level and consist of the most actively traded stocks in each market. A limited number of constituents guarantees that all the underlying shares of the index have excellent liquidity, which results in an index that is highly suitable as underlying for derivatives products. The composition of the indexes are revised on a semi-annual basis.
- Benchmark indexes: available on the Nordic and local levels. The indexes consist of a portfolio of the largest and most traded shares, in each market. The indexes serve as an indicator of the overall trend in its market and are intended to offer a cost effective index that an investor can fully replicate.
- Sector indexes: a classification created to meet demand for a precise and exhaustive classification. The SIX sector classification is divided into two different levels, comprising sectors and industries.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 1330 companies and 19 indices, including:
- Carnegie Real Estate Index, Carnegie Small CSX Indices, SIX Generalindex, Portfolio Index, Portfolio Return Index, SIX30, SIX60, Stockholmsbrsen Benchmarks, etc.
Some of the data items available include:
- Date, Description, Index Level, Industry Classification (Gics), Industry Code/Desc Level 1-4, Isin, Sedol, Shares Outstanding, Six Industry Code/Description, Six Industry Description (Swedish), Symbol, Unadjusted Market Value, Unadjusted Price, Weight In Index, etc.