Open Symbology is an open data standard, defined by the financial industry, to provide a solution to consistently identify financial instruments, regardless of asset class, or function being performed. Symbology refers to more than a code – it is the methodology and system for defining how data is related, and how that information is conveyed. Open refers to being an open data standard. FIGI is the first and only open data standard for identification of financial instruments. Open data is born from the core principles of the open source movement – that a piece of data is open if anyone is free to use, reuse, and redistribute it — subject only, at most, to the requirement to attribute and/or share-alike.
Equity instruments are allocated a FIGI at the Composite and Trading Venue level, with the exception of open-end funds and private companies. Share Class Level assignment is allocated for all equity instruments, except for Warrants. Each instrument (Equities, Funds and Warrants), active and inactive, is allocated a FIGI.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
- OpenFIGI Symbology Indices – approximately 18200 indices
- OpenFIGI Symbology Equities – approximately 712300 indices
- OpenFIGI Symbology – Fixed Income – approximately 503200 indices
Some of the data items available include:
- Bloomberg Composite Global Identification Key, Bloomberg Global Identification Key, Bloomberg Market Sector, Bloomberg Symbol, Bloomberg Ticker, Bloomberg Ticker and Market Sector, Bloomberg Unique Identification Key, Country Code, Country Description, Cusip Code, Exchange, Exchange Identification Code, ISIN Code, Last Price Date, Local Code, Market Identifier Code, RIMES Alias Symbol, Security Type, Sedol Code, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 400+ data and 1400 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.