The Reserve Bank of Australia is Australia’s central bank. Its duty is to contribute to the maintenance of price stability, full employment, and the economic prosperity and welfare of the Australian people. It does this by setting the cash rate to meet a medium-term inflation target, working to maintain a strong financial system and efficient payments system, and issuing the nation’s banknotes.
Monetary policy decisions are expressed in terms of a target for the cash rate, which is the overnight money market interest rate. The interest rate on a standard variable home loan is one of the most quoted prices for bank products. The Reserve Bank of Australia release data on a monthly basis, showing the average monthly interest rate on a standard variable home loan.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts 10 indices and 16 reference rates.
- Index coverage includes – Australia Dollar Trade Weighted Index and CPIs (quarterly, year end, etc.).
- Money coverage includes Reserve Bank of Australia Cash Rate Target and Standard Variable Housing Loans Rates from Banks.
Some of the data items available include:
- Database Source
- Total Return
- Database Symbol
- Price Index
- Series Value
- Investable Weight in Index (Source)
- Database Domain Code
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 500+ data and 1500 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.