S&P Dow Jones Indices is the world’s largest, global resource for index-based concepts, data and research. Home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average. S&P Equities include Global and Local Equity indices, as well as Developed and Emerging Markets and Frontier indices.
S&P’s Global Equities Indices include:
- S&P Africa 40 Index – This index provides exposure to 40 of the largest, most liquid companies that operate purely in Africa. The index limits the number of companies from any single country to eight and includes developed market listings of companies domiciled in Africa or that have the majority of their assets and operations in Africa.
- S&P CIVETS 60 Index – This index provides exposure to 60 companies from Colombia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Egypt, Turkey and South Africa through 10 liquid stocks trading on each respective domestic exchange. These six countries are second generation emerging markets characterized by dynamic, rapidly changing economies and young, growing populations.
- S&P EM 100 Index – This index seeks to measure the performance of 100 of the largest companies from emerging markets plus the Republic of Korea. It comprises members of the S&P Emerging Plus LargeMidCap that meet minimum liquidity and exchange listing requirements.
- S&P Frontier BMI Index – This index is a comprehensive benchmark that includes companies from frontier markets around the world. This broad benchmark serves as the universe for the S&P Africa Frontier, S&P Pan Africa and S&P Pan Eastern Europe indices.
- S&P Frontier Indices – These indices have selected country history going back to 1995 and include data from 35 relatively small and less observable frontier markets. The indices are designed for the sophisticated needs of global investors seeking to enter new markets with potential for greater returns than in the better known emerging markets.
- S&P Global BMI + China A Share Index – This Broad Market Index comprises Developed and Emerging BMI indices and represents the only global index suite with a transparent, modular structure that has been fully float adjusted since its inception in 1989. The China A Share coverage includes: S&P Emerging Asia Pacific and China A LargeCap.
- S&P Emerging Markets BMI Index – This index is market capitalization weighted and defines and measures the investable universe of publicly traded companies domiciled in emerging markets.
- S&P Global 1200 Index – This index provides efficient exposure to the global equity market, capturing approximately 70% of global market capitalization. It is constructed as a composite of 7 headline indices, many of which are accepted leaders in their regions.
- S&P Global (WM) Index – This index measures the performance of multi-national, blue chip companies of major importance in the global equity markets. With 100 highly liquid constituents, the index is designed to support low-cost index investment products.
- S&P Pan Arab Indices – These indices include stocks from listed companies in the countries of Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, and the U.A.E. The indices are calculated seven days a week, in order to capture the actual trading days of the local markets
- S&P Pan Asia Indices – The S&P Pan Asia ex-JANZ LargeCap Sector Indices are 5 sector indices (Financials, Industrials, Materials, Information Technology and Energy) based on the LargeCap segment of the Pan Asia ex Japan, Australia and New Zealand region. These indices are slices of the Global BMI and include developed and emerging Asia.
- S&P Total Market and Completion Indices – The S&P Completion Index is a sub-index of the S&P Total Market Index, including all stocks eligible for the S&P TMI and excluding all constituents of the S&P 500®. The index covers approximately 4,000 constituents, offering investors broad exposure to mid, small, and micro cap companies.
- S&P BRIC 40 Index – This index provides exposure to 40 leading companies from the emerging markets of Brazil, Russia, India and China through liquid stocks trading on developed market exchanges.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For these data sources, RIMES hosts retrievable data items such as:
- Index Data – Dividend Points, Divisor Factor, Gross Index, Hedged Dividend Points, Hedged Gross Index, Hedged Net Return, Hedged Price Index, Market Capitalization, Net Index, Next Day Divisor, Number of Constituents, Price Index, Price to Book Value Ratio, PCF Ratio, PE Ratio, Price to Sales Ratio, Return On Equity, Yield, etc.
- Company Data – Adjusted Price, Adjustment Factor, Adjustment Flag, Alternate Weight, Bloomberg Ticker, Cap Range Flag, Country of Domicile, Currency Code, Currency Code Price, Daily Price Return, Daily Total Return, Dividend Per Share Gross, Dividend Per Share Net, Exchange Identification Code, Exchange Rate, Growth Factor, Currency Code, Industry Codes, Investable Factor,
- Company Data – Investable Market, Investable Shares Outstanding, Investable Weight, ISIN Code, Issuer Code, Market Identifier Code, Market Value, Month to Date Price Return in US Dollars, Month to Date Total Return in US Dollars, Number of Shares Outstanding,
- Company Data – Opening Market Value, Primary or Extended Flag, Reference Date, Reuters Identification Code, Sector Code, Sedol Code, Shares Outstanding, Sub-Industry Classification Code, Ticker, Total Return, Unadjusted Price, Value Factor, Value Growth Factor, Weight in Index, Weight Within Country, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 500+ data and 1500 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.