The Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association Municipal Swap Index is a 7-day high-grade market index comprised of tax-exempt Variable Rate Demand Obligations (VRDOs) with certain characteristics. The Index is calculated and published by Bloomberg. The Index is overseen by SIFMA’s Municipal Swap Index Committee.
The Index was created in response to industry participants’ demand for a short-term index which accurately reflected activity in the VRDO market. In 1991, SIFMA established a Market Index Subcommittee to analyze the need for such an index, and and that Subcommittee developed the SIFMA Municipal Swap Index. In 2014 SIFMA amended the Index criteria such that reset rates that comprise the Index must have been reported to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board’s Short-Term Obligation Rate Transparency (SHORT) System.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts the SIFMA Municipal Swap Index.
Some of the data items available include Series Value and Last Price Date.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 400+ data and 1400 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.