The African market-Zimbabwe was ﬁrst included in the S&P Emerging Market indices in 1975, a series which subsequently expanded coverage to include 11 additional African markets by 1998. With the launch of the S&P Africa Index Series, Standard & Poor’s provides investors with unique investable indices for this region. The series includes the S&P Africa 40, S&P Africa Frontier, and S&P Pan Africa indices. The S&P Africa 40 index provides exposure to 40 of the largest, most liquid companies that operate purely in Africa. To provide broad exposure across several African countries, the index limits the number of companies from any single country to eight and includes developed market listings of companies domiciled in Africa or that have the majority of their assets and operations in Africa.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts data for the S&P Africa 40 Index and approximately 90 companies.
Some of the data items available include:
- Index Items: Corporate Action Change Flag, Database Symbol, Description, Dividend Per Share, Gross Divisor Factor In US Dollars, Gross Index In US Dollars, Market Capitalisation In US Dollars, Net Index In US Dollars, Nextday Divisor Factor In US Dollars, Nextday Market Capitalisation In US Dollars, Nextday Number Of Constituents, Number Of Constituents Price Index in US Dollars, etc.
- Company Items: Alternate Weight Factor, Bloomberg Ticker, Classification (Gics), Constituent Flag, Country Code/Description, Currency Code, Cusip Code, Date Of Portfolio, Exchange Rate, Global Vantage Key, Gross Return In Us Dollars, Growth Flag Industry Code (Gics), Investable Factor, Investable Market Value, Investable Shares Outstanding, Isin Code, Market Cap Range Flag, Market Identifier Code, Market Value, Next Date Of Portfolio, Number Of Shares, Outstanding Price, Return Change, Region Flag, Reuters Identification Code, Sector Code (Gics), Sedol Code, Shares Outstanding, Size Flag, Ticker, Total Return, Unadjusted Price Value Traded, Weight in Index, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 400+ data and 1400 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.