U.S. Business Development Companies (BDCs) are publicly traded private equity firms that invest equity and debt capital in small and mid-sized businesses, and make managerial assistance available to portfolio companies. The S&P BDC Index is designed to measure leading Business Development Companies that trade on major U.S. exchanges. This methodology was created by S&P Dow Jones Indices to achieve the aforementioned objective of measuring the underlying interest of each index governed by this methodology document. Any changes to or deviations from this methodology are made in the sole judgment and discretion of S&P Dow Jones Indices so that the index continues to achieve its objective.
Constituent companies are BDCs that meet minimum market capitalization and liquidity requirements. The index uses a modified market capitalization weighting scheme. Modifications are made to market cap weights, if required, to reflect available float, while applying single stock capping to the index constituents.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts the S&P BDC NTR Index and approximately 50 companies.
Some of the data items available include:
- Index Items – Branding, Dividend Points in US Dollars, Divisor Factor in US Dollars, Gross Index in US Dollars, Index Family, Index Type, Last Price Date, Market Capitalization in US Dollars, Net Dividend Points in US Dollars, Net Index in US Dollars, Next Day Divisor in US Dollars, Next Day Market Capitalization in US Dollars, Next Day Number of Constituents, Number of Constituents, Price Index in US Dollars, Weight Type, etc.
- Company Items – Action Type, Adjusted Price, Adjustment Factor, Announced Date, Announcement ID, Bloomberg Ticker, Close of Business Date, Corporate Action Grouping, Country Description, Country of Listing Code, Currency Code, Current Tax Rate, Cusip Code, Daily Price Return in US Dollars, Daily Total Return in US Dollars, Dividend Currency, Dividend Per Share, Dow Jones Sector Level Classification Codes, Effective Date, Event Date, Exchange Country, Exchange Rate, File Sequence Number, Franking Rate, Free Float Factor, Investable Factor, Investable Market Value, Investable Shares Outstanding, Investable Weight, Last Updated Date, Market Value, Net Adjustment Factor, Net Return, Next Date of Portfolio, Opening Unadjusted Price, S&P Company Global Vantage Key, S&P Index Level ID, Sedol Code, Sequence Number, Shares Outstanding, Spin Off , Total Return, Unadjusted Price, Weight in Index, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 400+ data and 1400 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.