S&P Dow Jones Dividend Indices are designed to track the total dividend payments (including dividend alternatives such as preferred stock and MLPs) from the constituents of an underlying index. Periodic resetting to zero on rebalancing dates ensures the correct measure of total dividend paid in the underlying index during the period. The Dow Jones U.S. Select Dividend Index aims to represent the U.S.’s leading stocks by dividend yield. Indices include various country-based Select Dividend 15, 20, 30, etc. Other S&P Dow Jones Dividend Index sources include:
- S&P Dividend Indices – These indices measure the performance of large cap, blue chip companies within the S&P 500 that have followed a policy of increasing dividends annually. These indices have both capital growth and dividend income characteristics, as opposed to portfolios that are pure yield or pure capital appreciation oriented. Indices include the S&P Euro High Yield Dividend Aristocrats Index, S&P 500 Low Volatility High Dividend Index, S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, and S&P Global Dividend Aristocrats.
- S&P Emerging Market Dividend Indices – These indices provide exposure to high yielding emerging markets common stocks. The index is part of the S&P Dividend Opportunities Series, which aims to provide income seeking investors with exposure to global high yielding common stocks while meeting diversification, stability, and tradability requirements. Index coverage includes: S&P EM Dividend Opportunities Index, S&P Ethical Pan Asia Select Dividend, S&P Global Dividend, S&P International Dividend, etc.
- S&P 500 Quality High Dividend Index – This index is designed to measure the performance of S&P 500 members that exhibit both high quality and high dividend yield characteristics. Specifically, the fund invests in companies that score in the top 200 of the S&P 500, both in terms of dividend yield and “quality” metrics, including return-on-equity, accruals and financial leverage.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For these data sources, RIMES hosts retrievable data items that are both index and company-based, including:
- Acquirer Name, Action Type, Adjusted Price, Adjustment Factor, Adjustment Flag, Alternate Weight Factor, Announced Date, Announcement ID, Bloomberg Ticker, Branding, Cap Range Flag, Cash Amount, Close of Business Date, Corporate Action Grouping, Country Code, Country Description, Country of Listing Code, Currency Code, Current Tax Rate, Daily Price Return, Daily Total Return, Dividend Currency, Dividend Per Share, Dividend Points, Divisor Factor, DJ Industry Code, Effective Date, Event Date, Exchange Country, Exchange Rate, File Sequence Number, Franking Rate, Free Float Factor, GICS Industry Level 4 Code, Gross Adjustment Factor, Gross Index, Growth Factor, Hedged Gross Index, Hedged Net Index, Hedged Net Return, Hedged Price Index, Index Family, Index Type, Industry Code, Industry Description, Industry Group Code, Industry Level 4 Description, Investable Factor, etc.
- Investable Market Value, Investable Shares Outstanding, Investable Value, Investable Weight, ISIN Code, Issuance Fee, Last Price Date, Last Updated Date, Market Capitalization, Market Identifier Code, Market Value, Net Adjustment Factor, Net Dividend Points, Net Index, Net Return, Next Day Market Capitalization, Number of Constituents, Opening Unadjusted Price, Post Event Investable Shares Outstanding, Pre Event Investable Shares Outstanding, Price Adjustment, Price Index, Ratio Held, Ratio Received, Reference Date, Region Flag, Reuters Identification Code (RIC), S&P Company Global Vantage Key, S&P Index Level ID, S&P Property Type Code, Sector Code, Sequence Number, Share Lot Size, Shares Outstanding, Sharia Flag, Spin Off, Spin Off Adjustment Factor, Status Flag, Stock Attributes, Sub-Industry Classification Code, Ticker, Total Return, Unadjusted Price, Value Factor, Value Flag, Weight in Index, Weight Type, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 500+ data and 1500 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.