The S&P Global BMI (Broad Market Index), which comprises the S&P Developed BMI and S&P Emerging BMI, is a comprehensive, rules-based index measuring global stock market performance. It represents the only global index suite with a transparent, modular structure that has been fully float adjusted since its inception in 1989. The S&P Global ex-U.S. BMI is referred to as an international benchmark by U.S. investors since it excludes U.S. companies. It is constructed using the same underlying methodology as the S&P Global BMI but simply excludes all U.S. domiciled stocks.
Various sub-indices of the S&P Global BMI are calculated based on Region, Country, Sector, Industry and Size. These indices are equal weighted, annually rebalanced, include calculation currencies such as USD, AUD, CAD, CHF, EUR, GBP, JPY, S&P Global, and include large, mid, and small-cap securities.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 22140 indexes and 36200 companies.
S&P Global BMI index coverage includes:
- S&P Asia Pacific Emerging BMI + China A
- S&P Emerging BMI + China A
- S&P Emerging + China A LARGEMIDCAP
- S&P Emerging Plus LargeMidCap
- S&P Global BMI + China A, and S&P Pan Asia BMI + China A, along with Small, Mid and Large Cap indices in S&P Americas, Asia Pacific, Canada, China, EPAC, Europe, Japan, Nordic, North America, UK, etc.
S&P Global BMI + China A Share Index coverage includes:
- S&P Asia Pacific Emerging
- S&P Emerging China A LargeCap
- BMI +China A
- S&P Global BMI +China A
- S&P Pan Asia BMI +China A
Some of the data items available include:
Company Items – Adjusted Price, Adjustment Factor, Adjustment Flag, Alternate Weight, Bloomberg Ticker, Cap Range Flag, Country Description, Country of Domicile, Currency Code, Daily Price Return in US Dollars, Date of Portfolio, Dividend Per Share, Exchange Country, Exchange Identification Code, Exchange Rate, Free Float Factor, GICS Industry Level 4 Code, Growth Factor, Index Currency Code, Industry Code, Investable Factor, Investable Market Value, Investable Shares Outstanding, Investable Weight, ISIN Code, Issuer Code, Local Code, Market Identifier Code, Market Value, Month to Date Price Return in US Dollars, Net Adjustment Factor, Net Return, Net Return Adjustment Factor, Number of Shares Outstanding, Open Price Index, Opening Investable Market Value, Opening Investible Shares Outstanding, Opening Market Value, Opening Unadjusted Price, Opening Value in US Dollars, Primary or Extended Flag, Reference Date, Region Flag, Reuters Identification Code (RIC), Sector Code, Sedol Code, Shares Outstanding, Sub-Industry Classification Code, Ticker, Total Return, Unadjusted Price, Value Factor, Value Growth Factor, Weight in Index, Weight Within Country, etc.
Index Items – Branding, Country, Dividend Points, Divisor Factor, Factor, Gross Index, Hedged Dividend, Points in US Dollars, Hedged Dividend Return in US Dollars, Hedged Gross Index , Hedged Net Return, Hedged Price Index, Index Family, Index Type, Market Capitalization, Net Dividend Points, Net Index, Next Day Divisor, Next Day Market Capitalization, Number of Constituents, Price Index, Price to Book Value Ratio, Price to Cash Flow Ratio, Price to Earnings Ratio, Price to Sales Ratio, Return On Equity, Weight Type, Yield, etc..
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 400+ data and 1400 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.