The world’s largest independent index provider, S&P Down Jones Indices (SPDJI), has launched a raft of local and African indices that take indexing in the region to a whole new level. To provide investors with a measure of the performance of energy, metals and mining producers operating on the continent, Nedbank Capital launched the Nedbank African Mining Index Series (NAMI series). It accommodates six different commodity classes – Diversified Metals and Mining, Gold Mining, Platinum Group Metals, Base Metals, Energy and Other Mining and Minerals – and differentiates between Major and Junior producers. Designed as both performance benchmarks and investable products, the indices are available for all categories of producers and commodities, as well as combinations thereof. One of the most attractive features of this range of indices is that it covers all listed commodity producers that operate primarily on the African continent, irrespective of the domicile of the stock exchange listing.
The S&P All Africa ex-South Africa is designed to serve as a comprehensive benchmark for the African market excluding South Africa. It includes companies listed in 12 African markets: Botswana, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, Tunisia, Zambia and Zimbabwe plus companies listed in developed markets that derive the majority of their revenue from the African continent. The index is weighted by float-adjusted market cap.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts indices and constituents, including approximately 210 companies and the following indices:
- Nedbank African Mining Index
- Nedbank African Mining Junior Producers Index
- All Africa Ex Sa Top 100 Index
- Nedbank Sub-Saharan Africa Ex Sa Top 50 Index
Some of the data items available include:
- Company Items – Adjustment Factor, Bloomberg Ticker, Cap Range Flag, Country Code, Country Description, Currency Code, Daily Price/Total Return in US Dollars, Dividend Per Share Gross, Dividend Per Share Net, Dow Jones Industry Code, Exchange Country, Exchange Rate, Free Float Factor, GICS Industry Level 4 Code, Growth Factor, Investable Market Value, Investable Shares Outstanding, Investable Weight, Market Identifier Code, Market Value, Market Value Range Flag, Opening Unadjusted Price, Region Flag, Reuters Identification Code (RIC), S&P Company Global Vantage Key, S&P Index Level ID, Sedol Code, Shares Outstanding, Ticker, Unadjusted Price, Value Factor, Weight Type, etc.
- Index Items – Branding, Dividend Factor/Points , Gross Index , Index Family, Index Type, Market Capitalization, Next Day Divisor, Next Day Market Capitalization, Next Day Number of Constituents, Number of Constituents, Price Index in South African Rand, Price Index in US Dollars, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 400+ data and 1400 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.