The S&P Select Industry Indices are designed to measure the performance of narrow Global Industry Classification Standard (GICS) sub-industries or groups of sub-industries. Membership is based on a company’s GICS classification, as well as liquidity and market cap requirements.
The GICS structure consists of 10 sectors, 24 industry groups, 67 industries and 156 subindustries. Companies are classified primarily based on revenues; however, earnings and market perception are also considered in classification analysis. The GICS sub-industry level offers the most granular level of industry definition within the GICS structure. Therefore, the S&P Select Industry Indices offer the purest representation of a particular industry.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 1300 companies and 21 indices. Some of the data items available include:
- Index Items: Branding, Dividend Points in US Dollars, Divisor Factor in US Dollars, Gross Index in US Dollars, Index Family, Index Type, Market Capitalization in US Dollars, Net Dividend Points in US Dollars, Net Index in US Dollars, Next Day Divisor in US Dollars, Next Day Market Capitalization in US Dollars, Next Day Number of Constituents, Number of Constituents, Price Index in US Dollars, Weight Type, etc.
- Company Items: Adjustment Factor, Country Description, Daily Price Return in US Dollars, Daily Total Return in US Dollars, Dividend Per Share Gross, Dividend Per Share Net, Dow Jones Industry Code, Dow Jones Sector Level Classification Codes, Exchange Country, Exchange Rate, Free Float Factor, GICS Industry Codes, Gross Adjustment Factor, Investable Factor, Investable Market Value , Investable Shares Outstanding, Investable Weight, Investable Weight in Index (Source), ISIN Code, Local Code, Market Identifier Code, Market Value, Net Adjustment Factor, Next Date of Portfolio, Opening Unadjusted Price, Reuters Identification Code (RIC), S&P Company Global Vantage Key, S&P Index Level ID, Sedol Code, Shares Outstanding, Ticker, Unadjusted Price, Weight in Index, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 400+ data and 1400 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.