Select sectors are based on the Global Industry Classification Standard (GICS®) but have different construction rules than the sectors of the S&P 500. In the Select Sectors, each index is made up of all stocks in the GICS sector unless otherwise noted. Furthermore, the weighting of the constituents inside the select sectors follows the capped market capitalization weighting. In short, there is a quarterly rebalancing where each company is float adjusted market cap weighted with capping to limit companies to under 25% each, and to limit the sum of companies with weights greater than 4.8% to under 50% of the index.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 23 indices and 500 companies, including various S&P Sector Capped indexes. Some of the data items available include:
- Index items – Cap Range Flag, Country Code, Branding, Country, Dividend Points in US Dollars, Divisor Factor in US Dollars, Gross Index in US Dollars, Index Family, Index Type, Market Capitalization in US Dollars, Net Dividend Points in US Dollars, Net Index in US Dollars, Next Day Divisor in US Dollars, Next Day Market Capitalization in US Dollars, Next Day Number of Constituents, Number of Constituents, Price Index in US Dollars, Sector Description, Weight Type, etc.
- Company items – Adjusted Price, Adjustment Factor, Bloomberg Ticker, Country Description, Currency Code, Daily Price Return, Dividend Per Share, DJ Industry Code, Exchange Country, Exchange Rate, Free Float Factor, GICS Industry Level 4 Code, Growth Factor, Investable Market Value in US Dollars, Investable Shares Outstanding, Investable Weight in Index (Source), ISIN Code, Last Price Date, Local Code, Market Identifier Code, Market Value, Net Return, Next Date of Portfolio, Opening Unadjusted Price, Region Flag, Reuters Identification Code (RIC), S&P Company Global Vantage Key, S&P Index Level ID, SEDOL Code, Shares Outstanding, Ticker, Total Return, Unadjusted Price, Value Factor, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 400+ data and 1400 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.