Select Sector Indices are managed with the objective of matching the price and yield performance of their underlying sector indexes. These indices divide the S&P 500 into nine sector index funds, giving it the diversification of a mutual fund, the focus of a sector fund, and the tradability of a stock. Each Select Sector Index is calculated using a modified “market capitalization” methodology. This formula ensures that each of the component stocks within a Select Sector Index is represented in a proportion consistent with its percentage of the total market cap of that particular index.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 525 companies and 20 indices.
Index coverage includes the following:
- Consumer Staples, Consumer Discretionary, Consumer Staples, Energy, Financial, Industrial, Materials, Technology, Health Care, and Utilities.
Some of the data items available include:
- Index Items: Adjusted Divisor Factor in US Dollars (Next Day Open), Adjusted Market Capitalization in US Dollars (Next Day Open), Database Domain Code, Database Source, Database Symbol, Description, Dividend Per Share Gross, Gross Index in US Dollars, Market Capitalization in US Dollars, Number of Constituents, Open Number of Constituents, Price Index Divisor in US Dollars, Price Index in US Dollars, S&P Index ID, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 500+ data and 1500 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.